Cuming County was formed by a territorial act approved March 16, 1855. Boundaries were redefined February 12, 1857 and again January 10, 1862. The county was named in honor of Thomas B. Cuming, acting governor of Nebraska Territory from 1854 to 1855 and and from 1857 to 1858. Catherine (now defunct) was the county seat until 1858, when a vote moved the county seat to West Point.
Historical Society\'s Number -- 402-372-3401
County Clerk\'s Tele.nuumber if no contact with Historical Society.
Cuming County Courthouse
Address: 227 N Main St. -- West Point, NE 68778
Come visit us in Bancroft, Nebraska