Upcoming Events in Davenport Iowa
|1 - 10||
Frosty The Snow-less Snowman Festival
- Artistic snowmen and snowwomen made without snow. In the historic Village of East Davenport.
Ph: 563-322-0546 (Always call and confirm events)
|4 - 6||Quad City Boat, RV, and Vacation Show - Resorts, fishing camps, boats, RV's, tackle, seminars and family attractions.|
|20 - 21||
Beaux Arts Fair
- Downtown art fair with paintings of all mediums, limited edition prints, pottery, stained glass, jewelry, wood carvings and handmade wooden furniture. Food, music.
Ph: 563-323-9042 (Always call and confirm events)
|27 - 28||
Mississippi River Valley Art Drive
- One of the largest self-guided art drives in the midwest, MRVAD boasts of 50 participating sights, representing over 200 artists, upward of 30 mediums showing off a multitude of perspectives and techniques.
Individual artists may demonstrate from their home studios or galleries, some may present work in their preferred retail location, while some sights will offer classes.
This self-guided art drive is unique in several aspects. First, it offers local art work from Dubuque and Galena all the way along the Mississippi to Galesburg. Secondly, the variety of art encompasses everyone's needs: decorating, gifting, adornment and practicality!
The drive hours are 10am - 5pm. Visit the website to verify participating location address, contact information and times. A printable map available online in March with all the details.
|4 - 5||Civil War Muster and Mercantile Exposition - Civil War re-enactment on the site of Camp McClellan, a Civil War camp and training site.|
|12 - 13||Heritage Days - Costumed interpreters demonstrate period crafts and sell their wares. Shoot-outs performed by the Wapsi Wranglers. Old-time music, food, petting zoo.|
|12||Summer Concert Series - First concert of the summer. "Olde Town Circus Band". Peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs and circus music. All summer concerts start at 1:00 pm at the Schuetzen Park Historic Site. Supported in part by Quad City Arts.|
|24 - 26||
Annual Quad City Air Show
- The best in military, civilian and warbird performers and aircraft.
Ph: 563-285-7469 (Always call and confirm events)
|25 - 26||QC Pride FEST - Outdoor Street Festival celebrating diversity! Non stop Entertainment form regional bands! Fireworks on Saturday night followed by amazing female impersonation show! Metro wide interfaith service Sunday afternoon with over 10 congregations participating! ! 150 vendors selling products, services, art, crafts, etc. Participating charitable organizations receive a chance to get $1.00 of every admission paid (the attendee selects charity of his/her choice). Special interactive zones include: Sports, Childrens, Teens. automobile Showcases, and new . . Art in Action zone where artists and crafters create on site while selling their creations! Looking for vendors to participate! Approximately 5,000-10,000 in attendance! Always the first weekend in June.|
|5 - 8||
Sturgis Mississippi River Motorcycle Rally
- Largest Midwest gathering of motorcycles, with more than 75,000 people.
Ph: 309-799-7469 (Always call and confirm events)
Annual Ride the River Bike Ride
- Trails on both sides of the Mississippi, a trip across the river on the Celebration Belle, entertainment, food and activities along the way. Special activities for younger riders.
Ph: 563-322-2969 (Always call and confirm events)
|20 - 22||IH Mississippi Valley Blues Festival - Annual festival along the banks of the Mississippi River features 20 top blues performers, children's classes, exhibits.|
|11 - 14||Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival - Features 11 bands from around the U.S. and abroad, honoring the memory and perpetuating the music of Leon "Bix" Beiderbecke.|
|12 - 13||
Wells Fargo Street Fest
- Celebrate the annual Bix marathon with food, music, and crafts in downtown Davenport.
Ph: 563-322-1706 (Always call and confirm events)
Quad City Times Bix 7
- Prestigious road race through the heart of the city.
Ph: 563-383-2489 (Always call and confirm events)
|23 - 28||Mississippi Valley Fair - Large regional fair with carnival, grandstand entertainment.|
Fiero Car Show
- Featuring Pontiac Fiero mid-engine sports cars.
In the historic Village of East Davenport.
|9 - 10||
River Roots Live Music Festival
- Some of the hottest music acts on the road today, together with legends of the roots music tradition. Two stages and camping within walking distance. On the banks of the Mississippi River.
Ph: 563-326-1333 (Always call and confirm events)
Antique Flattrack Motorcycle Race
- Over 100 racers from all over the country race original antique motorcycles, at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds.
Ph: 515-202-7196 (Always call and confirm events)
|17 - 18||
Antique Tractor Show
- View over 150 Antique Tractors & Trucks!
- Farm Animals
- Wagon Rides
- New this Year! - Kiddie Corral
Kids will be able to drive an antique tractor with adults from the Deer Valley Collectors Club.
Sat - 10 am to 9 pm
Sun - 10 am to 4 pm
Address: Historic Village of East Davenport. , Davenport, Iowa
|7||Celtic Festival and Highland Games of the Quad Cities - Sports, music, dance, arts, and heritage of seven Celtic cultures. Watch Scottish athletics, Highland dance, bagpipes and clans, Irish dance and Celtic bands. Workshops and family activities, British food. At the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds.|
|21 - 22||Oktoberfest - Traditional Oktoberfest music in the historic Village of East Davenport.|
|13||Oktoberfest Sunday - German food, music, activities, nature walk, German/English church service.|
|13||Summer Concert Series - "Oktoberfest Sunday" concert with a performance by the "Deutsche Polka Band". 1:00 pm. German food served. Supported in part by Quad City Arts.|
Annual Wonderland Doll, Toy and Bear Show/Sale
- This Annual Wonderland Doll-Toy-Bear Show/Sale offers a tremendous opportunity to see thousands of antique, modern and collectible dolls, toys, and bears and all related items in one location. Dealers from 5 states will be participating. Doll supplies, doll clothes and accessories, new ball jointed bodies. On site doll minor repair will be available. Also FREE doll and toy appraisals. Door Prizes every hour. Food served all day.A great event! (Dealer inquiries always welcome.)
Address: Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, 2815 W Locust St, Davenport, Iowa , Davenport, Iowa
Christmas Walk at Pioneer Village
- Enjoy the buildings beautifully decorated for the holidays. Visit with Santa Claus, make-and-take crafts, hot cider, hot cocoa and cookies in the Olde Fashion Soda Fountain, and much more fun. Noon till 5pm.
* Beautifully decorated buildings for the holidays.
* 'Friends' of the Village in period costume
* Craft demonstrations and sales.
* Letters to Santa in the Telegraph Office
* Hot cider, hot cocoa and cookies in the Olde Fashion Soda Fountain.
* Make-it-Take-it Holiday crafts for kids in the Schoolhouse.
* Visit with St. Nicholas
Musical Guests performing throughout the day!
* 1:00-3:00pm: Wagon rides (weather permitting)
* 2:00pm: Moline Boys Choir Cadets in the Church
* 3:00pm: QC Cloggers in the Saloon
Ph: 563-328-3283 (Always call and confirm events)
|22 - 23||
Christmas in the Village
- For over 25 years people have celebrated the Village event:
Santa Claus, Living Windows
Carolers & Musicians throughout Village
Horse Drawn Wagon Rides
Fireworks on Saturday
6 - 8 p.m.
Left Bank Art League Holiday Fine Art and Craft Show
- Left Bank Art League is shaking it up a bit this year with a New Holiday Fine Art and Craft Show just in time for the Holiday shopping frenzy. This year Left Banks Holiday Art Fair and Craft Show will kick off the leagues 55th Anniversary benefiting area women's and children centers. Join us Saturday December 4th 2010 at the Mississippi Valley Fair Grounds, Keppy Hall, 2815 W Locust St.,Davenport,IA from 9am-7pm. Help bring a smile to a Childs face this year and get your Holiday shopping done at the same time. Donations at the door of gently use children clothes and/or canned foods will be greatly welcomed and donated to shelters in our area. Mark your calendars for a unique one of a kind handmade holiday shopping experience.
Address: Mississippi Valley Fair Grounds, 2815 W Locust St., Davenport, Ia , Davenport, Iowa