Restored 1901 Missouri Pacific RR depot houses museum of county history in old waiting room and office. Warehouse portion is hands-on learning center for children 3 to 11. On grounds is 1908 restored "Arnold Outhouse," first in state to receive historical marker. Ornate, gingerbread-style, "three-holer" was built for prominent turn-of-the-century Henderson attorney. Restored 1841 log cabin on museum grounds is one of state's oldest. Other structures include barn, broom shop, 1881 doctor's office, and authentically restored 1880s dogtrot cabin.
Admission: Admission fee.
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sat. 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Address: 514 North High Street
Come visit us in Henderson, Texas