LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Falls City, Nebraska

  • Gehling's Theater

    Gehling's Theater

    Constructed in 1892-93 by the Gehling family, owners of the local brewery, the three-story brick building has a large opera house on the second level. The interior features a curved balcony and a h...
    Gehling's Theater

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Richardson County Recreation Areas

Verdon State Recreation Area - Verdon, NE - 30 acres - Bluegill, channel catfish, largemouth bass; electric motors only, primitive camping, rehabitation conducted in 1999. 1/2 mile west of Verdon.

Cornhusker Scout Recreation - Humboldt, NE

Falls City, NE Recreation

Bell-Jenne House Museum

This Italiante-style house was built in 1881 and features an unusual decorative hardwood floor in the sitting room, classic furniture, painting by noted regional artist, Alice Cleaver, and details of political interest; such as, the coat and tails worn by Governor Arthur Weaver at his 1929

Falls City, NE Museums

Veteran's Memorial Monument

The Veteran's Memorial Monument is located on the southeast side of the courthouse lawn, and is a tribute to Richardson County men who were killed in World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War.

Falls City, NE Monuments

Prichard Auditorium

The community's most used public building is referred to as "The Jewel of southeast Nebraska." Held under this massive roof are sporting events, craft shows, home shows, musicals, and many other events. The building was constructed during the Great Depression in the 1930

Falls City, NE Auditoriums

Hotel Stephenson

The historic Hotel Stephenson, built in 1925, is located amongst the cobblestone streets of downtown Falls City. It has been restored and still remains as a lodging establishment with 20

Falls City, NE Historic Hotels

Things to do near Falls City, NE

Genealogy

Since many people search for their family histories, the genealogy rooms in the Thayer County Museum in Belvidere are ones of...

"Old Trusty" Incubator Factory

Mr. and Mrs. M.M. Johnson came to Clay Center from Sheridan, Missouri in 1894 to install and operate the engines in the Or...

Opera House

The second floor of the Opera House was one large room with a stage beneath the east windows. It was the location of many pla...

Lewis & Clark Monument

The Lewis and Clark Monument was dedicated on December 19, 1939, with the inscription reading "Lewis and Clark - 1804."