LASR.net Homepage




Menu

First Baptist Church


category : Historic Churches
First Baptist Church The First Baptist Church was organized in Junction City on November5, 1865. This building was dedicated January 27, 1867, and served as the Baptist Church until the adjacent building was occupied in 1917. Under the stucco exterior are the original native limestone blocks.

The adjacent church was originally built in 1909 as the Modern Woodmen of America hall. The First Baptist church purchased this building in 1913, remodeled it and dedicated it on December 16, 1917. Additions to the south side of the building were made in 1949 and in 1983, and numerous interior and exterior remodelings have also taken place.


Address: 618 and 624 N. Jefferson

Come visit us in Junction City, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Geary County State Fishing Lake

As an alternative to the two big reservoirs at Milford Lake and Tuttle Creek Lake in this area, Geary County State Lake is a smaller body of water with 99 acres of secluded fishing, free camping, hunting, and hiking. The lake is primarily intended to be used for fishing and no swimming is allowed.

Junction City, KS Recreation

Geary County Courthouse

This Roman Revival building was commissioned May 20, 1899, and was completed in May, 1900 at a cost of $35,000

Junction City, KS Historic Courthouses

Kansas Vietnam Veterans Memorial

The 13x46 foot, black granite memorial was dedicated to the men and women who lost their lives in the Vietnam War. The memorial lists the names of the 797 Kansans who were either killed or are still officially listed as Missing in Action.

Junction City, KS Memorials

Geary County Historical Society Museum

The three-story, native limestone building which houses the Geary County Historical Museum, has been described by architects as a "unique and magnificent structure and an outstanding example of the stonecutter's art."

The building, originally the Junction City High School, was constructed in 1

Junction City, KS Museums


Things to do Historic Churches near Junction City, KS