LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Geary County Courthouse


category : Historic Courthouses
Geary County Courthouse This Roman Revival building was commissioned May 20, 1899, and was completed in May, 1900 at a cost of $35,000. It was built by the firm of Ziegler and Dalton of magnesium limestone quartered in the nearby bluffs. The stone was so soft that it could be hand sawed by the German and Swedish masons prominent in this area. The architect was J.C. Holland, who designed similar courthouses elsewhere in Kansas, including those in Manhattan and Clay Center, with the Clay Center building also built by Ziegler and Dalton.


Address: 139 East 8th
Phone: 785-238-3912

Come visit us in Junction City, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Episcopal Church of the Covenant

This historic limestone church was built in 1859 and is the oldest Episcopal Church in continuous use in Kansas.

Junction City, KS Historic Churches

Milford Nature Center

The Milford Nature Center is designed to give visitors a better understanding of and appreciation for the natural communities in Kansas. A trip to the Nature Center will reveal that Kansas has a rich abundance and variety of wildlife. Adjacent to the Nature Center is the state'

Junction City, KS Nature Centers



Geary County State Fishing Lake

As an alternative to the two big reservoirs at Milford Lake and Tuttle Creek Lake in this area, Geary County State Lake is a smaller body of water with 99 acres of secluded fishing, free camping, hunting, and hiking. The lake is primarily intended to be used for fishing and no swimming is allowed.

Junction City, KS Recreation

Things to do Historic Courthouses near Junction City, KS