Typical frontier military post established 1858 as Camp Stockton; abandoned in 1886. Fort consisted of 35 buildings made of adobe and hand-hewn limestone. Four original buildings remain: Three of the eight officers' quarters, and guardhouse with jailer's quarters, three solitary confinement cells, and a larger holding cell. Some of the other buildings reconstructed.
Admission: Admission fee.
Hours: Mon. - Sat., 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 - 5 p.m.
Address: 301 E. Third St.
Come visit us in Fort Stockton, Texas