D.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher.
Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'
This sculpture on Main Street is on display for all to admire and to reflect on the history and contributions of those who gave of themselves for the growth of our cities and our country.
"The Farmer - He Feeds the World" - Sculptor, Tasso Pitsiri
Located above the sculpture is "
In 1889, the parents of the Dalton gang - Adaline Younger Dalton and James Lewis Dalton - planned to move to Oklahoma. Mr. Dalton died on the way, leaving Adaline with three young children to raise: Nancy, Leona, and Simon. An older, feeble-minded son named Charles Benjamin accompanied them.