category : Historic Courthouses
Completed in 1909, the Romanesque revival, native limestone courthouse has a clock tower and stone carvings at entrance. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Marion County Park and Lake is a favorite spot for fishermen, as they come from far and near to use the heated dock, where record-breaking fish have been caught. And they do catch 'em! Located near the dam, the heated dock provides 24
The Marion Historic Committee has prepared a tour of designated historic homes within the city. These homes range in design of the oldest cut stone of the Wm. Kellison Home dating 1879 to the elegant Victorian examples of the early 1900's.
The distinction of being the oldest church organization in Marion County belongs to the Presbyterian Church of Marion, which is also listed on the State Register of Historic Buildings.
The native stone used to build this structure was cut in 1872