Butler County Courthouse

category : Historic Courthouses
Butler County Courthouse The historic Butler County Courthouse was built in 1909. Its Romanesque Style was designed by famed architect, George P. Washburn. Its terrazzo floors are still intact and reflect its elegant history.

The first woman jury in Kansas met here in 1912.

The courthouse is open for self-guided tours during regular business hours.

Address: 205 West Central
Phone: 316-322-4300
Our Email:

Come visit us in El Dorado, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

William Allen White Monument

The commemorative marble monument honors the Pulitzer Prize winning editor who was reared in El Dorado.

William Allen White

The world beat a path to the cluttered desk of William Allen White, publisher of a small daily newspaper, The Emporia Gazette in Kansas.

El Dorado, KS Monuments

Carnegie Library Building

El Dorado's first library was built in 1912 from locally quarried hand-cut, native white limestone. Topped with the Spanish tiled roof, the library was funded in part by Andrew Carnegie. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places

El Dorado, KS Carnegie Libraries

Prairie Trails Golf & Country Club

Course Access: Private
Holes: 18
Reserve Advance Tee Times: 7

El Dorado, KS Golf Courses

Things to do Historic Courthouses near El Dorado, KS