Old Bethel is the third oldest church building surviving in Charleston. Built 1797-1807 at the corner of Pitt and Calhoun Streets, the church was constructed in the gabled meetinghouse style with white clapboards after a design by Francis Asbury, the first Methodist bishop in the US. It was moved across Calhoun to its present location in 1882. Membership in the congregation of Old Bethel was open to both free blacks and slaves.
Address: 222 Calhoun ST
Phone: (843) 722-3470
Come visit us in Charleston, South Carolina