LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Osborne WPA Scout Cabin


category : Historic Buildings
Osborne WPA Scout Cabin Built of native stone as a Works Progress Administration (WPA)project in 1936, the historic Scout Cabin features original fireman poles and a massive stone fireplace. The building is available for meetings, reunions, and other community events.



Address: West Main Street
Phone: 785-346-2082

Come visit us in Osborne, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Osborne WPA Scout Cabin

Built of native stone as a Works Progress Administration (WPA)project in 1936, the historic Scout Cabin features original fireman poles and a massive stone fireplace. The building is available for meetings, reunions, and other community events.

Osborne, KS Historic Buildings

Osborne County Pioneers Memorial

This simple elegant sphere-topped white marble column was dedicated in 1929 to preserve the memory and spirit of Osborne County's first generation of settlers. It is located on the northeast corner of the historic courthouse square.

Osborne, KS Memorials

Osborne County Veterans Memorial

Erected in 2000, This granite obelisk is dedicated to the memory of all Osborne County military veterans who ever served in active duty. Located on the north side of the historic courthouse square, the black African/

Osborne, KS Memorials

Osborne County Museum Complex

The Osborne County Museum Complex offers an opportunity to visit the past with memorabilia dating back to the pioneer days.

On Exhibit

* Horse-drawn farm machinery
* Stonemason's tools
* Medical equipment

Osborne, KS Museums

Osborne Carnegie Research Library

The Osborne Carnegie Library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1912

Osborne, KS Genealogy

Things to do Historic Buildings near Osborne, KS

Bohemian Hall

The hall became the center for lodge meetings, wedding dances, public dances, plays, programs, church services and funerals. ...

"Opera House"

The old "Opera House" building was built in 1881. The second level of the building was used as a theater for commercial plays...