LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Polk Hall


category : Historic Buildings
Polk Hall Known in its early years as West Riding Hall, this building was completed in 1908 and served until after World War II as one of two indoor riding halls.

The building was named in honor of General James H. Polk who became the Chief of Tactics at the Ground General School, Fort Riley, following World War II.


Phone: 785-239-2743
Our Website:www.riley.army.mil

Come visit us in Fort Riley, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Territorial Capitol

In 1855, the nation wept for "Bleeding Kansas"

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Post Cemetery

Beyond the Ogden Monument is the Post Cemetery. In the area nearest the Ogden Monument are mass graves of persons who died in two cholera epidemics which struck the post in 1855 and 1867

Fort Riley, KS Cemeteries

Custer House - Fort Riley

Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House is the only surviving set of quarters from the Fort'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

Wounded Knee Monument

This monument is dedicated to the men of the 7th cavalry who were killed during the Pine Ridge Campaign of 1890 and the battle that is known as Wounded Knee. This controversial engagement marked one of the last armed conflicts between the army and Native Americans.

Fort Riley, KS Monuments

U. S. Cavalry Museum

The U.S. Cavalry Museum building was constructed in 1854 and used for nearly thirty years as the Post Hospital. In 1889, as Fort Riley'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

Things to do Historic Buildings near Fort Riley, KS

Alma Antiques

This beautiful two story stone building, built in the late 1800s originally housed a book store. Notice the date above the sm...