LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Post Cemetery


category : Cemeteries
Post Cemetery Beyond the Ogden Monument is the Post Cemetery. In the area nearest the Ogden Monument are mass graves of persons who died in two cholera epidemics which struck the post in 1855 and 1867. This area is the oldest part of the cemetery. You will also find graves and Italian prisoners of war from World War II.

The Post Cemetery is indeed a peaceful setting and provides an opportunity to reflect upon persons who have served and lived at Fort Riley.


Address: Huebner Road

Come visit us in Fort Riley, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Statue of "Old Trooper Bill"

The Old Trooper has become a symbol at Fort Riley of the proud heritage of the Horse Cavalry. It is modeled after the drawing of "Old Bill," the cavalry soldier drawn by famous western artist, Frederic Remington. This sketch is displayed in the Cavalry Museum'

Fort Riley, KS Memorials

Trolley Station

The Trolley Station was used as a baggage storage and waiting area for soldiers and families riding the inter-city trolley between Junction City and Fort Riley from 1901 until 1907. In 1907

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

U. S. Cavalry Museum

The U.S. Cavalry Museum building was constructed in 1854 and used for nearly thirty years as the Post Hospital. In 1889, as Fort Riley'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

Post Headquarters - Summerall Hall

Constructed in 1889, this building originally served as the post hospital until after World War II, when primary medical facilities were moved to Camp Whiteside. It is named after General Charles P. Summerall, who was an early commander of the 1

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Territorial Capitol

In 1855, the nation wept for "Bleeding Kansas"

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do Cemeteries near Fort Riley, KS

Louis Vieux Cemetery

Oregan Trail followers can walk along actual trail ruts outside of Wamego and visit the Louis Vieux Cemetery near the banks o...

Historic Cemeteries

There are seven cemeteries located around Marquette, including one of the oldest in McPherson County with dates from 1868 to ...