LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Rogers University Conservation Education Reserve


category : Learning Centers
Rogers University Conservation Education Reserve Rogers University Conservation Education Reserve is a 120 acre natural resource conservation education facility adjacent to the main campus of Rogers University. Bird watching, wildlife observation, outdoor photography, walking trails, picnicking, and fishing are available.

Entrances are located on the west side of RSU (must enter campus). Remember to dress appropriately: comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended.


Admission: No Admission
Hours: Open Year Round. Daylight Hours.
Phone: 918-341-4147
SPECIAL WORKSHOPS - SEMINARS - GROUP TOURS

Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lynn Riggs Memorial

The south wing of the Old Will Rogers Library is the Lynn Riggs Memorial. Rollie Lynn Riggs was born in 1899, 3 miles southwest of Claremore in Indian Territory. He became an internationally famous author and playwright of "Green Grow the Lilacs", from which the musical "Oklahoma!"

Claremore, OK Memorials

J. M. Davis Arms & Historic Museum

The Davis Arms Museum contains the world's largest collection of guns with over 20,000 on display. It is also the home for a large collection of John Rogers statuaries, a stein collection, swords, saddles, Indian artifacts,

Claremore, OK Museums

J. Bartley Milam Home

This private home was originally built by J. BARTLEY MILAM, Principal Chief of the Cherokees. The Cherokee government had been dismantled in 1907 when Oklahoma became a state. In 1941, Milam was appointed Chief for a year by Franklin D. Roosevelt and was reappointed until his death in 1949

Claremore, OK Historic Homes

Claremore's Expo-Center

The City of Claremore has redeveloped its old city/county fair grounds by removing all structures, and acquiring additional acreage, bringing the area to more than 55 acres. The major addition has been bulding the Expo Center.

Arena Area

Claremore, OK Expo Centers

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Learning Centers near Claremore, OK

Windsong Buffalo Ranch

Working ranch with a variety of animals, Native American Crafts and buffalo jerky. ...

Sutton Avian Research Center

A Rare bird research/conservation center. ...

Swan's Dairy

Swan's Dairy had its beginning in 1923 with one cow. In 1951, Swan Dairy started selling Grade A Raw Milk in 1 gallon bottles...