Founded in 1883, the congregation of St. Monica's Catholic Church erected this structure in 1927-28 after a fire had destroyed their previous place of worship. The building exhibits influences of both Palladian and Italian Romanesque architectural styles, an unusual combination for a Roman Catholic church in Texas. Outstanding features include the Doric portico and the Lombard Romanesque style bell tower.
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983
Address: 306 S. Nolan St.
Come visit us in Cameron, Texas