Originally called the Infirmary and Guest House at St. Ann's Academy, the house was built in 1871-72 and was used as an infirmary of the Osage Mission, from 1872 till 1894, by the Jesuits and Sisters ... St. Ann's Academy Infirmary & Guest House
St. Francis Cemetery, located half a mile east of St. Paul, is by succession the oldest cemetery in Neosho county known to have been used by white people. When the Jesuits first came to the Osage country in 1847
Traveling through St. Paul on Highway 57, a visitor may get different hints of the proximity of the Neosho Wildlife Area. There is the Neosho River, the lowlands to the east and the west, with stilt-like houses, suggesting high waters on occasion.