Upcoming Events in Superior Nebraska
GOSPEL CONCERT - Blackwood Brothers Quartet / JIMMY BLACKWOOD
- BLACKWOOD BROTHERS QUARTET ! 7 PM When you hear the name Blackwood Brothers, you know that the concert is going to be one that you will definitely not want to miss !!!! This groups attracts large audiences wherever they sing! Be sure to mark your 2008 calendar today ! blackwoodbrothers.com
The Blackwood Brothers Quartet was formed in 1934 with brothers Roy, Doyle, James, and Roy 's son R.W. That heritage of Gospel music is carried on today as James' oldest son Jimmy joins tenor great Wayne Little, the smooth bass of Randy Byrd and the singing and piano artistry of Brad White to present a modern-day version of that great quartet. James Blackwood Jr. (Jimmy) has been singing Gospel music for 43 years, first with the Junior Blackwood Brothers in the early 60's, then with J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet. He joined The Blackwood Brothers in 1969. Jimmy is a 5-time Grammy award winner and both the Blackwood Brothers and the Stamps Quartet have been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. ... Wayne Little is one of the greatest tenor singers of our day. He has been singing since the age of eight. In1991 he started the Crystal River Boys Gospel quartet. Recently he sang with Ken Turner in the New Millennium Quartet. Wayne has performed at the Pentagon with Rev. Franklin Graham. ... Randy Byrd is a minister's son who was influenced by the great bass singer George Younce. His smooth, deep voice and great personality make him a crowd favorite. ... Brad White, the youngest member of the group, is an accomplished pianist and saxophone player. He played the piano for the James Blackwood Quartet and has traveled in music ministry for over 15 years. Hs showmanship and piano arrangements are exciting and inspirational. Brad also sings baritone in the quartet.
From Memphis TN , you will not want to miss this outstanding concert with The Blackwood Brothers! Be sure to go to blackwoodbrothers.com to read about all the Grammy and Dove Awards The Blackwood Brothers have been awarded!
Address: United Methodist Church, 448 N Kansas St , Superior, Nebraska
|10 - 12||
Victorian Festival Honoring Lady Vestey
- Memorial Day Weekend - City-wide. Victorian tea, historical driving tours, entertainment, street dances, parade, games, Victorian home tours and more. Parade Sat. 11 am
Ph: 402-879-3419 (Always call and confirm events)
|25 - 26||Superior Estates Winery Memorial Weekend Festival - Live entertainment, activities for all ages, vineyard and winery tours and winetasting. Sat, Noon-8pm; Sun, Noon-5pm.|
Pleasure Cruisers Show and Shine Car Show
- Relax at our beautiful Lincoln Park while being surrounded by vehicles with class and style. 11am-5pm.
Address: Lincoln Park, W. 4th St. , Superior, Nebraska
July 4th Celebration
- FireKracker Run-1 mile, and evening fireworks at the football field on W 4 Street.
Address: City Park, 543 E 7 , Superior, Nebraska
City-wide Garage Sales
- (Last Saturday) - City wide. Superior Publishing.
Ph: 402-879-3291. (Always call and confirm events)
City-wide Garage Sales
- Second Saturday - City wide. Superior Publishing.
Ph: 402-879-3291 (Always call and confirm events)
|27 - 29||
Heritage Highway Trail of Treasures
- A three days of sales in businesses, garage & yard sales in 16 towns over 15 counties in South Central Nebraska. Located along Heritage Highway Byway 136 and surrounding areas. Held each year during the First Weekend in October.
Ph: 888-404-1315 (Always call and confirm events)
|22||Harvest Festival - Live entertainment, vineyard and winery tours, food and activities for all ages. Noon-9pm.|
Lions Club Farm Toy and Craft Show
- All I want for Christmas is everything! Buy, sell or trade.
Address: Superior High School, W. 8th St. , Superior, Nebraska
|8 - 9||
Candy Cane Lane
- Lighted Christmas displays in the park.
Address: Lincoln Park, 840 W 4 , Superior, Nebraska
Christmas Lighted Parade and Chili Feed
- A lighted parade at dark sure to get the whole family in the spirit for the beginning of late Christmas shopping hours. If you weren't in the spirit, you will be after the Parade and warm cup of chili. 7pm.
Address: Central Ave. , Superior, Nebraska