LASR.net Homepage




Menu

The Herman "Pete" Hanouw Museum


category : Museums
The Herman Herman "Pete" Hanouw farmed in the area of Yorkville, Illinois for many years. He was also employed as a mechanic and at one time had his own Lawn Mower repair business. The museum building was made possible due to a bequest left to the Historical Society by Mr. Hanouw. Inside are displays of period furniture, clothing including sports, scouts, and military uniforms, and other personal memorabilia.

Open by appointment Year Round on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Contact the Society office to schedule an appointment.


Hours: Open by appointment Year Round on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Address: 7935 Illinois Route 71
Phone: 630-553-6777
Our Email: lyonfarmkchs1@gmail.com
Our Website:www.lyonfarmkchs.org

Come visit us in Yorkville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lyon Farm

The Lyon Farm is the pride and joy of the Kendall County Historical Society. In 1974, Mrs. Frances Lyon donated 39

Yorkville, IL Museums

C.B. & Q Caboose -Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Caboose was built in the Aurora, Illinois C.B. & Q (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) shops in 1918. It was used on the Fox River Line for 56 years. The Caboose was moved to Lyon Farm in 1974. 2018 marks the 100

Yorkville, IL Railroad History

Corrigan Store - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

William Corrigan established an independent store known as Corrigan & Sons which operated in Plattville, Illinois from 1919 until the late 1950's. The store carried a general merchandise line, including Oliver farm machinery and agricultural implements.

Yorkville, IL Museums

Oswego-Fox House - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Oswego-Fox House was built in the 1870's by the Fox family, ancestors of the Cutter family from Oswego, Illinois. The house was located 1/2 mile south of Oswego on Route 71. It was moved to Lyon Farm at the Kendall County Historical Society museum complex in 1975

Yorkville, IL Historic Homes

Seward Town Hall - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Seward Town Hall was built in 1876 and 1877 at a cost of $500.00. It stood on the east bank of Au Sable Creek facing Route 52. In addition to serving as a town hall it was used as a Congregational Church, basketball hall and band practice site. It was moved to Lyon Farm in 1976

Yorkville, IL Museums

Things to do Museums near Yorkville, IL

Lena Area Historical Museum

The Lena Area Historical Museum offers a display of Lena area historical items including quilts, farm tools, clothing, milita...

Camp Grant Museum

Camp Grant Museum is a museum of postcards, pictures and memorabilia of the U.S. Army's World War I and II induction and trai...

Lincoln Highway Association National Headquarters

Visitors from around the world enjoy researching highway information in this restored 1860 dry goods store built by Abe Linco...

German Valley Historical Museum

The German Valley Historical Museum features displays relating to the history of German Valley, including items from the Ostf...