As one of four buildings on the Tonganoxie Historical Society site, the Honey Valley schoolhouse – district #56 - was organized on March 25, 1869. It was located about a mile south of Tonganoxie on the Gordon Harmon Farm -near County Road 1 and U. S. Highway 24-40
The Fairchild/Knox hay barn and milk parlor are now the Community building and the museum of the Tonganoxie Historical Socitey. The original barn was built in 1901, but burned down in 1928.
Frank Fairchild, with his wife, Mattie, formerly of Ulster County, NY started the dairy with 40
The Tonganoxie Water Park is a modern facility with two large water slides, spray ground, zero depth entry main pool, toddler pool, a full bathhouse, and a large water area for recreational and fitness activities. The Water Park is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day annually.