LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Union School - Lyon Farm Museum Complex


category : Historic Schoolhouses
Union School - Lyon Farm Museum Complex The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4 miles south. The first teacher was Dr. William P. Richardson, a graduate of Harvard, who taught the first winter for no pay. The school was moved to Lyon Farm at the Kendall County Historical Society museum complex in 1976.


Hours: Open only during special events, or by appointment.
Address: 7935 Illinois Route 71
Phone: 630-553-6777
Our Email: lyonfarmkchs1@gmail.com
Our Website:www.lyonfarmkchs.org

Come visit us in Yorkville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lyon Farm

The Lyon Farm is the pride and joy of the Kendall County Historical Society. In 1974, Mrs. Frances Lyon donated 39

Yorkville, IL Museums

Corrigan Store - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

William Corrigan established an independent store known as Corrigan & Sons which operated in Plattville, Illinois from 1919 until the late 1950's. The store carried a general merchandise line, including Oliver farm machinery and agricultural implements.

Yorkville, IL Museums

Chapel On The Green

Yorkville, Illinois is the county seat of Kendall County in which is located the oldest church building in the county, The Chapel On The Green. Dating back to 1855, the Chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building and is adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899

Yorkville, IL Historic Churches

Plano Depot - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Plano Depot was built in Chicago, Illinois and hauled to Plano on flatcars in the 1850's. It was built by the C.B. & Q Railroad (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) in the Gothic Style architecture. The depot was used until 1914 or 1915

Yorkville, IL Railroad History

Union School - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4

Yorkville, IL Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do Historic Schoolhouses near Yorkville, IL

Little Red Schoolhouse

Originally called the Mount Airy School, the building was moved to its present location in 1983. This 1850's school house has...

Henry School

The 1878 Henry School, on the Galena Trail, was used as a school until 1957. The Polo Historical Society has turned it back i...