LASR.net Homepage




Menu

White Hair Memorial


category : Memorials
White Hair Memorial This Osage center features a collection of Lillie Morrell Burkheart. It is the former home of the first woman to be nominated to the Osage Tribal Council and a descendant of Chief Pawhuska. Ribbonwork and other cultural items are on display.


Admission: Donations accepted
Hours: By appointment, Tues thru Fri & Sat
Closed state holidays

Address: Located 11 miles of Hominy West on SH-20; 1/2 miles South on Blackburn
Phone: 918-538-2417
Group tours by arrangement; handicapped accessible; motorcoach parking.

Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Historic Drummond Home

Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching. The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980

Hominy, OK Museums

MKT Railroad Depot and Hospitality Center

The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.

Hominy, OK Railroad History

Osage Round House

Built in 1919 to replace an earlier roundhouse, it is the only surviving community round house in Osage County. Traditionally the focus for village activities, it has been used for dances, gatherings, and meetings and is a symbol of tribal unity and tradition to the Osage Indians.

Hominy, OK Ethnic Heritage

Outdoor Sculptures

Cha' Tullis also has created several outstanding metal sculptures of Indians high atop Standpipe Hill in Hominy, as well as a handsome buffalo that stands next to the Gazebo on the Green downtown.

 

These concrete buffalo graze peacefully in a vacant lot along West Main. Hominy, OK Arts


Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

Things to do Memorials near Hominy, OK