LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

MKT Railroad Depot and Hospitality Center

The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.

Hominy, OK Railroad History

Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

Outdoor Sculptures

Cha' Tullis also has created several outstanding metal sculptures of Indians high atop Standpipe Hill in Hominy, as well as a handsome buffalo that stands next to the Gazebo on the Green downtown.

 

These concrete buffalo graze peacefully in a vacant lot along West Main. Hominy, OK Arts


Rexall Drug Store

Constructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920s. The second floor was used for many years by various professions including law, dentistry, and photography.

Hominy, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Hominy, OK

Pulitzer Prize Winner

Checotah's library is named in honor of the Pulitzer Prize winner, Jim Griffing Lucas. * A third generation Checotahan bor...

Gen. Stand Watie Grave Site

The last Confederate General to surrender during the Civil War is buried in the Polson Cemetery southeast of Grove. Stand Wa...