The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell,"
The one-room school house built in the early 1900s and the old Burlington Northern caboose remind the town of it's proud past.
Old-fashioned school still operational in historic village with general store, iron works, old post office and largest known collection of old toys.
School built in 1903, moved to present location at the museum complex in 1989
A replica of a one-room school house of the early 1900
Restored to the one-room school that operated at Higgerson Landing on the Mississippi River in 1948
One room school house, constructed circa 1908, which served District No. 4 of St. Clair County, Missouri, until 1948