The Officers' Quarters is a story-and-a-half frame clapboard building. The duplex is one of eight similar buildings erected between 1882 and 1883. Six were located on "Officers' Row" and two were across the parade ground to the west. They replaced a line of picket-style log officers quarters constructed in the early 1870s.
Each side of the duplex served as a residence for an officer and his family. The floor plan consisted of a parlor, sitting room, dining room, and kitchen on the lower level. There were three bedrooms and a bath upstairs. The long front porch faced the rail fence and boardwalk along the street. The side and back yards were fenced with plank for privacy.
Two or more bachelor officers often shared a side. From 1908 to 1989, the duplex was a residence for the state hospital staff. The exterior of the building will be restored to its late 19th century appearance.
Hours: Call for hours of operation
Address: U.S. Highway 270
Fort Supply Historic Site
P.O. Box 247
Fort Supply, OK 73841
Come visit us in Oklahoma, Oklahoma