LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Alma, Kansas

  • Stone House in City Park

    Stone House in City ParkThis house was built in the 1880s and is currently owned by the City of Alma. Several prominent business persons were associated with its history. Herman Richter was responsible for the building of th...
    Stone House in City Park
  • Schroeder/Ringel Residence

    Schroeder/Ringel ResidenceThis native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100 year old home feature...
    Schroeder/Ringel Residence
  • Eck/Stratton Residence

    Eck/Stratton ResidenceThe gingerbread trim home was built by Mr. Eck, who was a lumberman in Alma. It was built in 1904 and features a turret room, a tower resembling a castle, and original lap siding. ...
    Eck/Stratton Residence
  • D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder Residence

    D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder ResidenceOver the door, chiseled in ornate German script the date, 1882, and the names of the builders, D.R. and E.W. Bruman. The home had a very deep dug well, now covered, which had unusually cool, fresh wat...
    D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder Residence
  • Kindergarten School/Schrader Residence

    This house was located in the middle of several lots, but at the same general location years ago, perhaps in the early 1880s. It was a Kindergarten school. The early German settlers brought with them ...
    Kindergarten School/Schrader Residence
  • Manka Residence

    This house was octagon in shape before an addition was built on. The entrance to the house is of particular interest. Two tall, fluted Corinthian Pillars guard the narrow door entrance. The heavy deep...
    Manka Residence
  • Sage/Laverty Residence

    This house, built in the early 1880s was originally a four room house, owned by Frank I. Sage. Mr. Sage added four more rooms, all stone in 1901. Huge blocks of limestone were hauled up to the side by...
    Sage/Laverty Residence
  • Turner Residence

    This home was built in the 1880s also. Up until recent years it housed Alma's funeral home, with the funeral director living in the second and third stories. It has since been converted back into a re...
    Turner Residence
  • Gronquist Residence

    This home was originally a coach stop and inn in the 1870s and much later, bought and added onto by A.S. Allendorph, a well known rancher around Alma. ...
    Gronquist Residence
  • Lyons/Hamblet Residence

    This house was once the scene of much activity. It was the Lyons Boarding House before many hotels or restaurants were built. The Lyons great-grandson, James Roller, owned the home up until a couple o...
    Lyons/Hamblet Residence

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Stone House in City Park

This house was built in the 1880

Alma, KS Famous Homes

D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder Residence

Over the door, chiseled in ornate German script the date, 1882

Alma, KS Famous Homes


Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses

Peace United Church of Christ

This native stone church was erected in 1881. Peter Land and August Beutel were responsible for the construction of the church. The bell and tower were added in 1897, as a gift of Johann and Maria Klockman.

Alma, KS Historic Churches

Things to do near Alma, KS