This is the Historic District's finest example of a Sonoran corner-style row house. Its street facades are flush with the property line and the wings are one room deep. Always used as a residence, it was built in 1880 by Juan Luna, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
The Florence Woman's Club grew from the original Florence Village Improvement Club, organized in 1897 to improve and beautify the town of Florence. Members paid 25 cents a year to Mrs. T.F Weedin to keep the club's rake under her porch.
Indian raids on white settlers were common in the 1880s. When William Clarke, a mining engineer, and his wife Ella came to Florence, he devised built-in security in constructing his residence about 1884