The first public libraries for Tecumseh were not pretentious. They were kept in private homes, at the city hall and elsewhere, with such books and magazines as could be secured through contributions and otherwise. The women of the city carried on the work of librarians. June 6, 1907, a library meeting was held and the first commission under city supervision was named and a board and building committee were formed.
After applying for and receiving the available donations from the Carnegie Foundation, an amount equal to $1000 was secured in contributions from the local citizens. The new building was dedicated March 11, 1908.
Address: 136 N. 5th
Come visit us in Tecumseh, Nebraska