Upcoming Events in Tecumseh Nebraska
Avenue of Flags
- Johnson County Avenue of Flags was established October 30, 1985 as a Memorial to the deceased Veterans of Johnson County who had served on active duty in the Armed Services of the United States.
The Memorial Flags are displayed on Sunday and Monday of the Memorial Day weekend, on July 4th Holiday and on Veterans Day.
Capacity of the Memorial is 488 flags. For those who did not reserve space at the Courtyard, flags are being accepted for display on the "Wall of Honor" located at the new Veterans Club, 255 Clay Street.
For information on display of flags for deceased Veterans, or to make contributions for operation and upkeep of the Memorial, call 402-335-3275 or write to Avenue of Flags, P.O. Box 581, Tecumseh, NE 68450.
Ph: 402-335-3275 (Always call and confirm events)
|15 - 16||
Home and Garden Show
The 2013 Johnson County Home and Garden Show, sponsored by the Tecumseh Chamber of Commerce, will be held at the Tecumseh Community Building located on the south side of the square in downtown Tecumseh. The two day event begins on Friday, March 22, 2013 from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and continues on Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Prize drawings will be held on both Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Call the Tecumseh Chamber of Commerce at 402-335-3400 for more information.
Click here for more details.
Booths for the event are 8 feet by 8 feet. Booths are draped and come with a 6 foot covered table and 2 chairs. If two booths are needed, they will be located side by side.
Main Gym Floor Booths - $100 each
Stage and Basement Booths - $75.00 each
Outside Booth - $75.00 each
- Outside booths are 10 feet by 10 feet and numbers are limited.
- Outside booths are space only, vendors must supply their own equipment.
- No refunds on outside booths due to inclement weather.
Photo by The Tecumseh Chieftain
Gas powered equipment is welcome in your booth, as long as it does not have any fuel in it.
Power items may be displayed and demonstrated outside of the building at your own risk.
There will be a minimum of 50 Vendors. For a list of the 2013 Vendors, click here.
The 2013 Johnson County Home and Garden Show Committee will give away prizes on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
- Tickets may be purchased prior to the event from any committee member.
- Many getaway packages and numerous gift certificates will be given away.
- Vendors may purchase tickets to give away from their booth.
Ph: 402-335-3570 (Always call and confirm events)
Easter Egg Hunt
- The Annual Easter Egg Hunt is held every year on in the City Park, weather permitting. The alternate site is the Baptist Church Activity Center. All area children, toddlers to 6th grade are invited to attend and search for Easter Eggs which contain money, candy and prizes donated by area businesses. If they are lucky enough, they might find the Grand Prize Egg!
Address: On the Courthouse Lawn , Tecumseh, Nebraska
|9 - 12||
Radio Controlled Air Show
- ____Missouri Valley Jet Scramble____
Every summer the Missouri Valley Jet Scramble is held at the Tecumseh Airport. This annual event is fun and exciting and draws "flyers" from all over the mid-west.
For more information, please call Mark Basel at 402-304-3952.
Address: Tecumseh Airport. , Tecumseh, Nebraska
|7 - 9||
District 9 Softball - 10&U to 18&U
Tecumseh is the site for the 2013 District 9 Softball Districts on June 14-16 These games are held on the ball fields at the Johnson County Fairgrounds.
Ph: Scott 402-335-7125 (Always call and confirm events)
- Demolition Derby at the Johnson County Fairgrounds. Many local drivers participate in the event. Come early and stay late and enjoy the fun-filled evening of smash 'em up cars!!
The Beer Garden opens at 5:00 p.m. Demo Derby action begins at 6:30 p.m.
4th of July Celebration and Fireworks
- The City of Tecumseh fireworks display takes place on the 4th of July every summer. The event begins at dusk (around 9:30 p.m.) on the Johnson County Fairgrounds located on the west edge of town. Bring your picnic and your lawn chairs and enjoy the show!! (rain date is July 5th)
Ph: 402-335-3570 (Always call and confirm events)
Rock & Roll BBQ Fest
- A BBQ meal is served. Fire Dept. Beer Garden. 4 Bands. Bounce houses, dunking booth and face painting for the kids. 4:00pm-1:00am
Address: East side of Town Square , Tecumseh, Nebraska
Extreme Bull Riding Tour -
- Aug 10, 2013 - Aug 10, 2013 - 06:30 pm
Johnson Co. Agricultural & Mechanical Society
The Extreme Bull Riding Tour, presented by White Buffalo Productions, will be held on August 10, 2012 at 7 p.m. at the Johnson County Fairgrounds, West Highway 136 in Tecumseh, NE.
The Beer Garden and Grill opens at 6 p.m.
A dance will be held following the event
Address: West HIghway 136 in Tecumseh, NE , Tecumseh, Nebraska
|9 - 11||
Johnson County Fair
- The Johnson County Fair is held the third weekend in August every summer. The County 4-H participants showcase their projects, animals and skills during the Fair. Click here to link to the 4-H page.
Carnival rides (armband night), 4-H judging, grandstand shows, antique tractor pull, special events, Veteran's parade Friday afternoon, kids rodeo Saturday, and Church Service Sunday morning are all part of the activities at the Fair. To view/print the Fair Schedule, click http://johnson.unl.edu/web/johnson/JohnsonCountyFair.
The Big Fair Parade is held on Sunday evening and always draws a huge crowd along the parade route from the downtown square to the fairgrounds.
Address: Johnson County Fairgrounds , Tecumseh, Nebraska
|4 - 6||
TRAIL OF TREASURES
- A 14-county area spanning Nebraska’s Heritage Highway 136 has organized a three-day event to promote our towns, our businesses and our people. There will be open stores, garage and yard sales, antiques to be found and much more. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Our Trail of Treasures Shopper Guide contains Vendors and Sponsors for each participating town. Vendor sites are mapped and listed within each town. Each Vendor listing provides a brief description of their “Treasures” and the times they will be open to assist you as you plan your route for each day. Official Vendor sites will be marked with our official Trail of Treasures signs. We look forward to seeing you.
|4 - 6||TRAIL OF TREASURES - A 14-county area spanning Nebraska’s Heritage Highway 136 has organized a three-day event to promote our towns, our businesses and our people. There will be open stores, garage and yard sales, antiques to be found and much more.Our Trail of Treasures Shopper Guide contains Vendors and Sponsors for each participating town. Vendor sites are mapped and listed within each town. Each Vendor listing provides a brief description of their “Treasures” and the times they will be open to assist you as you plan your route for each day. Official Vendor sites will be marked with our official Trail of Treasures signs. We look forward to seeing you.|
Tecumseh Community Christmas
- Every year Santa Claus visit's Tecumseh. The Children will get to sit on Santa's lap and tell him if they have been naughty or nice and are treated to a bag of goodies.
The children can also enjoy a horse drawn hayrack ride.
The event runs from 4-6 p.m. on Sunday at the Tecumseh Community Building.
Also taking place are the annual Avenue of Trees & Annual Chili Cook-off.
Movies & Games
Prior to Santa arriving in Tecumseh, the children are treated to a free hot dog, chips and soda meal sponsored by the Tecumseh Chamber of Commerce. While the children are eating, they can enjoy movies like Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman and other holiday movies being played on a big screen by a projector.
Avenue of Trees & Annual Chili Cook-off
- Tree decorating contest - The annual Avenue of Trees is displayed around the courthouse square every December. Area businesses purchase the locally grown trees and decorate them. The judging is usually done the first weekend in December. It's a wonderful sight and a beautiful display around the square. For more information or to reserve a spot, call City Hall or email Paula Darling. CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE is the first Sunday, 4:00 to 8:30 p.m. including the Avenue of Trees and Annual Chili cook-off.
In combination with the Avenue of Trees display is the annual Chili Cook-off sponsored by the Tecumseh Historic Square Committee. This popular event is held in the newly refurbished Cornerstone Building at 3rd and Clay. Area Chili connoisseurs bring their best pot of chili to be judged and enjoyed by all who attend. Donations from the event are given for the Historic Square renovation.
The Chamber of Commerce is also serving complementary chili and vegetable beef soup to all attendees from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
There will also be musical entertainment to be enjoyed by all who view the model trains and visit JCNHS sponsored vendors at the Cornerstone Building from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m