LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Carnegie Library


category : Carnegie Libraries
Carnegie Library Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Carnegie Library was built in 1904 with the help of a $10,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie.

The building is located just to the west of the Courthouse and now houses the county attorney's office.


Address: Downtown, 4th and Poyntz

Come visit us in Manhattan, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Riley County Courthouse

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places the dominating limestone Courthouse was completed in 1906, built by Topeka contractor, J.B. Betts, and local contractor, Clarence Johnson. The citizens pledged $1,000 for the tower clock.

Manhattan, KS Historic Courthouses

Wareham Hotel

Harry P. Wareham moved with his family from Flush, Kansas in 1868, when he was two years old and when he was nine and his brother, William, was eleven, their father died. Mrs. Wareham, Sarah, established the Wareham Millinery Company, which she ran for many years.

Manhattan, KS Historic Hotels

Riley County Historical Museum

Take a peek at the past through changing exhibits on Riley County history and in the photographs, manuscripts, letters, diaries and records of our research library. Included in the Museum Complex is the 1855 prefabricated Hartford House, the Randolph Jail, and the Goodnow House.

Manhattan, KS Museums

Hartford House

The Hartford House that sets adjacent to the Historical Society Museum is a restoration of a prefabricated house that the early settlers brought to Manhattan in 1855

Manhattan, KS

Konza Prairie

In the heart of the Flint Hills, the 8,616-acre Konza Prairie is a rare opportunity to experience the Prairie as the pioneers did during their trek westward. Once a part of the Dewey Ranch, Chicago Industrialist C.P. Dewey acquired the prairie piece by piece during the last quarter of the 1800s. <

Manhattan, KS Nature Preserves

Things to do Carnegie Libraries near Manhattan, KS

Anderson Memorial Library

A rusticated limestone block structure in Neoclassical style, which was completed in 1902. A gift from Andrew Carnegie in mem...