LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Claremore Lake


category : Recreation
Claremore Lake

Claremore Lake features 500 surface acres for boating and great bass fishing (no swimming allowed). There are 2 boat ramps, courtesy dock and 3 fishing piers, 1 for senior citizens and disabled children, 2 for general public use. Enhancing the lake is a 60 acre park with scenic shaded picnic areas, 3 picnic shelters and 2 sand volleyball courts. Boating and fishing permits are required.

Claremore Lake was developed in 1929 with the completion of the dam. Prior to 1929, this area was farm land and large rock bluffs with Dog Creek running through it. Dog Creek travels from the north and is the main feeder creek for the Lake. Dog Creek is named for Dosage Chief Black Dog, one of the three main chiefs of the Dosage tribe when they dominated the area.

In 1938, the WPA constructed a unique two-story boat house on the lake. The first floor has oneBoat House - Claremore Lakeroom with a chimney. The lower level, where boats dock, contains a small room the Claremore police once used as a jail.


Hours: The Park is open Daily: 5 am to 10 pm
Address: 1.5 miles off Route 66 on East Blue Starr Drive
Phone: 918-341-1238

BOATING
All boats must have a Lake Claremore boat permit before being launched, which can purchased at the Lake Ranger Office.
Daily - $2.00
Seasonal - $10.00

SAND VOLLEYBALL
Two sand volleyball courts are available to the public. Nets are provided, but please bring your own volleyball.

SHELTER RESERVATIONS
Reservations for the 2 largest shelters may be made in person or by phone. There is a $25.00 rental fee which must be received 2 weeks after reservations are made. Picnic tables, grills and electrical outlets are available at both shelters.

CAMPING
Sorry, camping is not allowed at Claremore Lake at this time.

Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Belvidere

This magnificent Victorian mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was started circa 1902

Claremore, OK Museums

J. M. Davis Arms & Historic Museum

The Davis Arms Museum contains the world's largest collection of guns with over 20,000 on display. It is also the home for a large collection of John Rogers statuaries, a stein collection, swords, saddles, Indian artifacts,

Claremore, OK Museums

Lynn Riggs Memorial

The south wing of the Old Will Rogers Library is the Lynn Riggs Memorial. Rollie Lynn Riggs was born in 1899, 3 miles southwest of Claremore in Indian Territory. He became an internationally famous author and playwright of "Green Grow the Lilacs", from which the musical "Oklahoma!"

Claremore, OK Memorials

Rogers State University

When Oklahoma was granted statehood, the first legislature established Eastern University Preparatory School, which opened on College Hill in Claremore in 1909

Claremore, OK Colleges

Christ Presbyterian Church

The Christ Presbyterian Church was purchased from the First United Methodist Church in 1990. In 1882, a one-room frame building was constructed after $500 was given by the Methodist General Conference to erect a house of worship. The church was served by "Circuit Rider" preachers until 1907

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

Things to do Recreation near Claremore, OK

City Parks

Elm Creek Park - Fishing pond, covered picnic areas by reservation and walking trail - Located at 12301 E 77th Place N...

Happy Lake

Happy Lake is available by reservations only. Camping, fishing, canoeing and nature walks are a few of the activities....

Feyodi Park and Campground

Feyodi Park is Cleveland's own park on upper Keystone Lake. It is a beautifully maintained area just a few minutes from t...