Five churches are active in the Conway Springs community: First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), First Baptist Church, St. Joseph Catholic Church, First Presbyterian Church, and the United Methodist Church.
Two of the churches date to the very beginning of the community, with the Methodists coming here in the spring of 1877, and the Presbyterians organizing on July 14 of that year. The Baptists followed in 1884 and the Christian Church in 1885.
Catholics arrived here during 1887, but the parish was not formulated until 1909. St. Joseph Church is now by far the largest in the community, and operates a kindergarten through sixth grade school.
Come visit us in Conway Springs, Kansas