LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Farmers and Drovers Bank Building


category : Historic Buildings
Farmers and Drovers Bank Building A Council Grove landmark, the Farmers and Drovers Bank is one of the community's most ornate buildings. The two-story red brick bank with limestone trim was built in 1892 for $20,000. Its "eclectic" architecture features Romanesque arches over stained glass windows and a Byzantine dome. The bank continues to operate at this site, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Address: 201 West Main
Phone: 620-767-5138

Come visit us in Council Grove, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Council Grove City Lake

Located 3.5 miles northwest of Council Grove. Fisherman will be hooked on the bass, walleye, catfish, and crappie, in this well stocked 500

Council Grove, KS Recreation

Field School House

The one-room Field School, closed at the end of the 1945-46 school year, is remarkably well preserved. It was moved from its original site 8 miles south of Council Grove to Maple Camp in 1999

Council Grove, KS Historic Schoolhouses

Old Bell Monument

Perched high on a hill overlooking the town and Neosho River valley below, this bell was erected in 1866 to warn townsfolk of Indian raids. It also served as a school and church bell for nearly 30 years.

Council Grove, KS Monuments

Seth Hays Home

The town founder, Seth Hays, built this home in 1867. His slave, Aunt Sally, lived in the basement and cared for Hays and his adopted daughter, Kittie Robbins, until her death in 1872. Hays died a year later, February 3, 1873

Council Grove, KS Museums

Madonna of the Trail

This striking statue, depicting a pioneer mother with two children, pays tribute to the sturdy women of covered wagon days. The 10-feet-tall figure is made of pink Algonite stone and was erected in 1928

Council Grove, KS Memorials

Things to do Historic Buildings near Council Grove, KS

Lindley M. Harris House

This house was built in 1898, and features an asymmetrical front facade, spindlework and multiple shingle styles in addition ...