LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Alma City Office


category : Historic Buildings
Alma City Office This beautiful and stately native stone building was once one of the finest building in town. It was built in the early 1880s by the Limerick Brothers, two red-headed Irishmen. These freckled, Irishmen came swinging into Alma with a fortune of $375,000 to invest, which they did in splendid style.

They built the most handsome stone business building in Alma, which remains today, much as it was before the turn of the century and is still called "the Limerick building."


Address: 320-326 Missouri Street

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses


Eck/Stratton Residence

The gingerbread trim home was built by Mr. Eck, who was a lumberman in Alma. It was built in 1904 and features a turret room, a tower resembling a castle, and original lap siding.

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Alma United Methodist Church

This wood frame church was built and dedicated to the Glory of God in 1878. The frame building was of a simple design with narrow pointed gothic arched windows and a slender belfry atop the roof, which boasted the first church bell in Alma. In 1906

Alma, KS Historic Churches

Things to do Historic Buildings near Alma, KS

Old Conoco Station

Originally there were three frame buildings at this location. The first one housed a cigar factory, the second a barber shop ...