This 16 room Victorian house was built in 1888 for Hans Hanson, one of the town founders. Restored to its original appearance, it is completely furnished with antiques, some original to the home. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The home, a private residence, is open by appointment only, and there is an admission fee.
Located in the backyard of the Hanson-Lindfors home, was the original 1871 wood frame cabin of Han Hanson, and was attached to his 1869 log cabin. The Marquette Town Charter was signed here on February 9, 1874. It is also on the National Register of Historic Places, and has been restored to its original appearance and furnished in that period as well. Open by appointment.
Address: 211 East 5th
Come visit us in Marquette, Kansas