Claremore Lake features 500 surface acres for boating and great bass fishing (no swimming allowed). There are 2 boat ramps, courtesy dock and 3 fishing piers, 1 for senior citizens and disabled children, 2 for general public use. Enhancing the lake is a 60 acre park with scenic shaded picnic areas, 3 picnic shelters and 2 sand volleyball courts. Boating and fishing permits are required.
Claremore Lake was developed in 1929 with the completion of the dam. Prior to 1929, this area was farm land and large rock bluffs with Dog Creek running through it. Dog Creek travels from the north and is the main feeder creek for the Lake. Dog Creek is named for Dosage Chief Black Dog, one of the three main chiefs of the Dosage tribe when they dominated the area.
In 1938, the WPA constructed a unique two-story boat house on the lake. The first floor has oneroom with a chimney. The lower level, where boats dock, contains a small room the Claremore police once used as a jail.
Hours: The Park is open Daily: 5 am to 10 pm
Address: 1.5 miles off Route 66 on East Blue Starr Drive
All boats must have a Lake Claremore boat permit before being launched, which can purchased at the Lake Ranger Office.
Daily - $2.00
Seasonal - $10.00
Two sand volleyball courts are available to the public. Nets are provided, but please bring your own volleyball.
Reservations for the 2 largest shelters may be made in person or by phone. There is a $25.00 rental fee which must be received 2 weeks after reservations are made. Picnic tables, grills and electrical outlets are available at both shelters.
Sorry, camping is not allowed at Claremore Lake at this time.
Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma
Lake Pawhuska provides trout fishing from Nov. 1 to Mar. 31. This 96 acre lake with clear water and rocky shorelines is locat...
820 acres; picnic areas fishing, boating, swimming, playground. ...
The Altus City Reservoir provides many possibilities for those who like to get away for a few hours and just relax in the idy...
The Boys and Girls Club of McAlester has been located in the heart of McAlester since 1960. There are no geographic boundarie...
This lake was constructed in 1989. Named after the late R.C. Longmire who among others, saw the need for another water supply...