LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Old Bell Monument


category : Monuments
Old Bell Monument Perched high on a hill overlooking the town and Neosho River valley below, this bell was erected in 1866 to warn townsfolk of Indian raids. It also served as a school and church bell for nearly 30 years.


Address: North Belfry Street

Come visit us in Council Grove, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Farmers and Drovers Bank Building

A Council Grove landmark, the Farmers and Drovers Bank is one of the community's most ornate buildings. The two-story red brick bank with limestone trim was built in 1892 for $20,000. Its "eclectic"

Council Grove, KS Historic Buildings

Custer Elm

Legend has it that while patrolling the Santa Fe Trail with his famous 7th Cavalry Regiment, George Armstrong Custer camped under the huge elm that flourished at this site. The massive trunk is all that remains of this tree that measured more than 100 feet tall and 16 feet around. Custer bought 120

Council Grove, KS Landmarks

Atkinson Log House

This building houses the two-story Atkinson Log House, constructed in 1858 on Clark's Creek near Large Spring near Latimer, and moved to this site in 1996. It is one of the two oldest wooden structures known to remain in Morris County.

Council Grove, KS Pioneer Life

Council Grove City Lake

Located 3.5 miles northwest of Council Grove. Fisherman will be hooked on the bass, walleye, catfish, and crappie, in this well stocked 500

Council Grove, KS Recreation

Terwilliger Home

With its foundation laid in Kansas Territory, the Terwilliger Home was built alongside the famed Santa Fe Trail as Kansas became the 34th state. Built by Abraham and Mary Rawlinson in 1860-61, this stone home was the last house freighters passed going West when leaving Council Grove as late as 18

Council Grove, KS Historic Homes

Things to do Monuments near Council Grove, KS