LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Peace United Church of Christ


category : Historic Churches
Peace United Church of Christ This native stone church was erected in 1881. Peter Land and August Beutel were responsible for the construction of the church. The bell and tower were added in 1897, as a gift of Johann and Maria Klockman.



Address: 401 Grand Avenue

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses

Eck/Stratton Residence

The gingerbread trim home was built by Mr. Eck, who was a lumberman in Alma. It was built in 1904 and features a turret room, a tower resembling a castle, and original lap siding.

Alma, KS Famous Homes


Alma City Office

This beautiful and stately native stone building was once one of the finest building in town. It was built in the early 1880s by the Limerick Brothers, two red-headed Irishmen. These freckled, Irishmen came swinging into Alma with a fortune of $375,000 to invest, which they did in splendid style.

Alma, KS Historic Buildings


Things to do Historic Churches near Alma, KS