LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Post Cemetery


category : Cemeteries
Post Cemetery Beyond the Ogden Monument is the Post Cemetery. In the area nearest the Ogden Monument are mass graves of persons who died in two cholera epidemics which struck the post in 1855 and 1867. This area is the oldest part of the cemetery. You will also find graves and Italian prisoners of war from World War II.

The Post Cemetery is indeed a peaceful setting and provides an opportunity to reflect upon persons who have served and lived at Fort Riley.


Address: Huebner Road

Come visit us in Fort Riley, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Post Cemetery

Beyond the Ogden Monument is the Post Cemetery. In the area nearest the Ogden Monument are mass graves of persons who died in two cholera epidemics which struck the post in 1855 and 1867

Fort Riley, KS Cemeteries

Wainwright Hall - Fort Riley

Wainwright Hall is named for General Jonathan Wainwright who served as the assistant commandant of the Cavalry School during the 1930s. The building was constructed in 1889

Fort Riley, KS Museums

St. Mary's Chapel

As the first stone church in Kansas, the original building was constructed by the Episcopalians in the mid 1850'

Fort Riley, KS Historic Churches

Statue of "Old Trooper Bill"

The Old Trooper has become a symbol at Fort Riley of the proud heritage of the Horse Cavalry. It is modeled after the drawing of "Old Bill," the cavalry soldier drawn by famous western artist, Frederic Remington. This sketch is displayed in the Cavalry Museum'

Fort Riley, KS Memorials

U. S. Cavalry Museum

The U.S. Cavalry Museum building was constructed in 1854 and used for nearly thirty years as the Post Hospital. In 1889, as Fort Riley'

Fort Riley, KS Museums

Things to do Cemeteries near Fort Riley, KS

Latham Cemetery

The Latham Cemetery has stone markers dating to the early period of the town's history in the late 1880s. Cemetery records c...

Historic Cemeteries

There are seven cemeteries located around Marquette, including one of the oldest in McPherson County with dates from 1868 to ...