Mr. Rose built a two-story brick building in 1911. He owned and operated a hardware store on the ground level. The upstairs had several interesting businesses including a pool hall, photograph studio and dental offices. Watonga's first dentist was a woman that had her office upstairs. The Rose Building remained a hardware store until 1984. At this time the owner moved to another location causing the building to be vacant for several years.
In 1995 the building was leased for an antique and refurbishing furniture store. In 1997 the building was purchased and the owners went to work restoring the exterior of both buildings. In 1998 the owners purchased the building on the west and started an interior- decorating project. A boarded-up archway was opened to extended the interior space. In 1998 completion was done on the interior and exterior.
The building now has a lovely historic building full of antiques. The owners welcome you to stop in and brose while in the area.
Address: Ice House Antiques, 103 East Main
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come visit us in Watonga, Oklahoma