LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Saint Martin's Church


category : Historic Churches
Saint Martin's Church St. Martin's Catholic church was built in 1924 in the style of old Spanish Missions. It's a beautiful old stucco and terra-cotta building with the mural "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" inside.


Address: 428 N. Main
Phone: 620-845-6763

Come visit us in Caldwell, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Cherokee Strip Bridge

This bridge built by Grant County, Oklahoma and Sumner County, Kansas is a new monument to those hardy and determined men and women who ran the Cherokee Strip Run in 1893.

Caldwell, KS Historic Bridges

Historic Walking Tour

Caldwell, the Border Queen, has seen wild days as a cowtown beside the Chisholm trail, a brief period of booming times during the Oklahoma Land Rush days, and quiet prosperity based on the vast grain fields of Sumner County.

Caldwell, KS Tours

Caldwell Railroads

The Santa Fe Railroad was the first railroad that came into Caldwell. Traces of the pens are still visible as well as the roundhouse.

Caldwell, KS Railroad History

Post Office Mural

The Caldwell Post Office, built in the 1930s, is listed on the National Historic Register, as it displays one of the collection of murals commissioned during the Depression Era by the WPA. The mural, "Cowboys Driving Cattle," was painted by Kenneth Evett in 1941.

Caldwell, KS Arts

Border Queen Museum

The Border Queen Museum exhibits antiques and artifacts preserving the culture and history of the area. A restored Union Pacific caboose houses railroad artifacts. Located in the city park.

Caldwell, KS Museums

Things to do Historic Churches near Caldwell, KS

Methodist Church

A wood frame building was built to be the first church in Sylvia. In 1911 the board members realized the church was too small...

Congregation Church

Built in 1913, the Congregational Church was later sold to the United Brethren and is still standing although it is now owned...

The Community Church

The Community church was organized in 1872, and constructed the following year at a cost of $2,000. The church had a startin...