LASR.net Homepage




Menu

The First Presbyterian Church


category : Historic Churches
The First Presbyterian Church Designed by Charles W. Squires and built in 1897. The limestone block construction with multiple towers and large mitered, arched stained glass windows is typical of the Victorian influence. This church is an example of the Richardson Romanesque style.


Address: 802 Commercial

Come visit us in Emporia, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lyon County Historical Museum & Gift Gallery

The Lyon County Historical Museum is located in the 1904 Carnegie Library Building and is on the National Register of Historic Places

Emporia, KS Museums

National Teachers Hall of Fame

One of Emporia's premier attractions, it proudly recognizes and honors outstanding teachers K-12

Emporia, KS Halls of Fame

Cookie Jar Heaven

2000 cookie jars and 300

Emporia, KS Museums


Soden's Grove Bridge

The bridge is a 216-ft. reinforced concrete Rainbow Arch bridge designed by James Marsh. It was completed in 1923 on old piers dating from the 1890s. Closed to vehicular traffic, it has been incorporated into the Soden'

Emporia, KS Historic Bridges

Things to do Historic Churches near Emporia, KS

The Methodist - Episcopal Church - 1879

The Methodist-Episcopal Church was organized in 1879, in connection with the Havensville charge. The appointment remained a p...

Beecher Bible and Rifle Church

The church was established in late June, 1857 by settlers from the Connecticut-Kansas Company. The purpose of the group spons...