The church was established in late June, 1857 by settlers from the Connecticut-Kansas Company. The purpose of the group sponsored by the Company was to create settlers in Kansas that would vote to make Kansas a free state. Reverend Henry Ward Beecher, the great minister from Brooklyn, supplied monies for Sharps Rifles and twenty five Bibles. Thus the name Beecher Bible and Baptist Church.
Come visit us in Wamego, Kansas