Built in 1929, the lobby and business areas of the Hotel Frederick were hubs of activity in town. The Blue Room was the site for elaborate dinners, as well as every formal function in town. Now, after restoration in the 1990
The historic Mediterranean style theatre was once known as "The Showplace of The Southwest!" It was restored by volunteers and the Frederick Arts Council and provides a variety of cultural opportunities to the public. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Originally the National Bank of Commerce (est 1902) with a Victorian red brick exterior, this historic Frederick building has for some 70 years now been clad with the beige 'deco' rock exterior it features today. The home of Hughes Jewelry since 1952
At one time Hackberry Flat was a large isolated wetland that in the wettest of years may have been more than 3,000 acres in size. Thousands of waterfowl and shorebirds once used this wetland as a stopping place during both fall and spring migrations.
In the early 1900