The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4 miles south. The first teacher was Dr. William P. Richardson, a graduate of Harvard, who taught the first winter for no pay. The school was moved to Lyon Farm at the Kendall County Historical Society museum complex in 1976.
Come visit us in Yorkville, Illinois