The town of Weeping Water was incorporated in December 1870. It was known as the "stone city" because of
the town's prosperous limestone industry. The first quarry operations began in the 1860s. The Congregational
Church, built in 1870-71, and the parsonage, built about 1865, were constructed of locally quarried limestone.
The district also contains an 1880s false-front commercial building of frame construction, which was the office
and clinic of Dr. Jesse C. Fate, an early physician. Although the parsonage has been recently altered by a supporting wall which disqualified it for the national register, the remaining buildings remain listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Address: Randolph and "H" Streets
Come visit us in Weeping Water, Nebraska