LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Frontier Country, Oklahoma Historic Buildings

  • Farmers and Merchants State Bank

    First black bank in America, originally built in 1906 and rebuilt in the 1920s. Pretty Boy Floyd's gang once tried a robbery, but were thwarted by citizens.

  • Boley High School

    Boley's school system was begun in 1909, and the existing school was built in 1930s.

  • Route 66 Gas Station

    Route 66 Gas Station

    On the north end of the business district, look for the peaked roof of the vintage 1930's Phillips 66 station. Although no longer in use, the building reminds us of travel down the historic Route 66

  • Clapp-Cunningham Building

    Clapp-Cunningham Building

    National Register of Historic Places The building was building 1899 by L. W. Clapp, Wichita, Kansas financier and mayor. The architecture is termed "Richardson-Romanesque"

  • Chandler High School

    Chandler High School

    National Register of Historic Places Built by the WPA in 1942 of native limestone.

  • The Mascho Buildings

    The Mascho Buildings

    National Register of Historic Places The oldest commercial buildings in Lincoln County, these sandstone "twin" buildings were built by pioneer merchant, A.E. Macho in 1897 and 1898

  • The Wolcott Building

    The Wolcott Building

    National Register of Historic Places A typical example of a Victorian storefront with angled doorway and iron column, this two-story building built in 1903

  • Yukon's Best Flour and Grain Co

    Restored in 1989, sign atop Yukon'

  • Stroud Library

    Circa 1929;

  • Scottish Rite Temple

    Among the largest Masonic buildings in the world.

  • Morris House

    Circe 1904, the only remaining building from Langston's territorial period, Formerly a boarding house for Oklahoma's Colored Agricultural and Normal College.

  • Old Chicken Houses

    Once the largest poultry colony west of the Mississippi; many of its chicken houses still remain. Locations at 11007 Jeffords Ave, 11101 Draper Dr, 2512 Ives Way

  • WPA Armory

    Okemah's WPA Armory was built in the 1930's during the depression as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt'

  • Okemah Public Library

    Okemah Public Library

    The Okemah Public Library is located in a historic rock building constructed with the aid of WPA funds. Enjoying a scenic view of Okemah'

  • WPA Pecan Bowl

    Built during the depression as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's WPA program, the construction of Okemah'

  • Bohemian Hall

    Bohemian Hall

    The Bohemian Hall, listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings

  • Wewoka Library

    Wewoka Library

    One of the most beautiful small libraries of Oklahoma belongs to Wewoka. Founded in 1929, its architecture is reminiscent of New England. It has been recently renovated, and listed on the