Relive the days of yore as visitors step into a restored 1895-1945
The Bond County One Room School Museum is a living monument to the more than 72
Constructed in 1854 as a church, this Greek Revival building also served as a school house for nearly 50
Originally called the Mount Airy School, the building was moved to its present location in 1983. This 1850's school house has been restored and contains period memorabilia and artifacts. (Circa 1853)
The 1878 Henry School, on the Galena Trail, was used as a school until 1957
Tour the 1839 college, seminary prep school with chapel, dorms, library, head school master, study and exhibits and video presentation.
Historical Society's authentic preservation of an 1800'
The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4