LASR.net Homepage




Menu

"City of Murals"


category : Arts
Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha' also has created several outstanding metal sculptures of Indians high atop Standpipe Hill in Hominy, as well as a handsome buffalo that stands next to the Gazebo on the Green downtown. Cha' has been able to create these extraordinary works of art through private donations, as well as grants from the State Arts Council. Cha' and his wife, Teena, have a gallery and gift shop on Main Street, and they encourage you to stop in and get acquainted."Messenger" - Artist, Cha', 1993

"Messenger" - Artist, Cha' Tullis, 1993
Located at N. Pettit and E. Main

Series - Artist, Cha'Series of Murals across several buildings - Artist, Cha' Tullis
W. Main and Reagan

"Oklahoma's Undieing Spirit" - Artist, Amiron"Oklahoma's Undieing Spirit" - Artist, Amiron
Located at Wood and Main




"Searcher" - Artist, Tim Hoyhurt

 


 

"Searcher" - Artist, Tim Hoyhurt
Located at W. Main and Reagan

"Osage Thunder" - Artist, M. Bearden, 1995"Osage Thunder" - Artist, M. Bearden, 1995
Located at Main and S. Reagan

Located on Main Street alongside the door opening.



Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

"City of Murals"

Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha'

Hominy, OK Arts

Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

Osage Round House

Built in 1919 to replace an earlier roundhouse, it is the only surviving community round house in Osage County. Traditionally the focus for village activities, it has been used for dances, gatherings, and meetings and is a symbol of tribal unity and tradition to the Osage Indians.

Hominy, OK Ethnic Heritage

White Hair Memorial

This Osage center features a collection of Lillie Morrell Burkheart. It is the former home of the first woman to be nominated to the Osage Tribal Council and a descendant of Chief Pawhuska. Ribbonwork and other cultural items are on display.

Hominy, OK Memorials

Things to do Arts near Hominy, OK