Watonga Cheese has a new facility in a new town but prides itself in its 70-year tradition to produce rich, handmade cheddar cheese full of flavor.
Now located in Perryton, TX we continue to use the original equipment and recipe that makes our factory stand out from the rest!
The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892. According to a local historian the owner accumulated a lot of property in and around Watonga. This property has been under the same ownership as 104 W. Main since 1951. Seven couples have owned this property from 1892 to date.
Built before the turn of the century this building was purchased in 1892. In 1917 it became a clothing store and remained a clothing store until 1970. It then became a well-known drug store. The same person owned 104 & 106 W. Main since 1951. It continued as a drug store until sometime in the 1980'
The Ferguson Mansion was built in 1907 and is open for tours of its period furnishings and historic memorabilia. T.B. Ferguson, appointed Oklahoma's sixth territorial governor by President Theodore Roosevelt, is best remembered for his efforts to turn Oklahoma Territory into Oklahoma the State.